Brownout

12:11 AM

The rain is my pen,
The streets, a sheet of paper
And as every drop of rain pelts down,
My words continuously pour out,
Waiting to be heard,
Desperately wanting to reach you

First, a light drizzle
The wind blows against my window
It rumbles, and it rumbles,
And yet the window resists,
Maintaining its resilience
Not even budging, barely even moving

As I listen to the pitter-patter,
My mind drifts off to you
Even on December’s frostbites,
Or on May’s sun burns,
You were always a perfect day
Ever-so strong, even in the midst of pain

And then, the storm comes
Loud and strong, making my ears ring in pain
Its force knocking trees down,
Pulling them out of the ground, one by one
I watch as the world outside is ripped apart,
And suddenly, the lights go out

I still wonder when summer turned into fall,
And how winter nights became all too cold
I should’ve seen the leaves falling slowly,
Succumbing to the force of gravity
But the last leaf had already hit the ground
When suddenly, our lights went out



You Might Also Like

0 comments

FEATURED POST

For When You're Lonely and Forget Who You Are

Subscribe